PROJECT: CHARLOTTE AIRPORT RELINE/REPAIR DUAL 96
Location: Charlotte, NC
HALL regraded the outfall ditch and installed a sump and pump for continual drainage to overcome higher elevation downstream in creek bed, outside of project limits. Removed 2,300′ of existing paved invert in 96″CMP and relined 2,300′
of parallel existing 96″ CMP with 78″ Contech Aluminized two piece structural plate, and 1,000′ of existing parallel 90″RCP with 84″ six piece tunnel liner plate. Grouted annular space of all new liners with lightweight cellular grout, being pumped as far as 1,800′ through 2″ hoses and piping, to reach the injection points.
Access to the work was very limited as we had to carry in the 78″ twp piece structural plate liner as far as 4,300′ to reach the upstream end, where the new liner began, under Concourse D, and assembled it inside the existing storm drain, which carried all of the airport’s surface water runoff of some 1,000 acres. One tenth of an inch or rain increased the depth of flow inside the pipes by 3 vertical feet, making work inside, impossible.
PROJECT: HENRICO COUNTY, VA 72″ SLIPLINE
Location: Henrico County, VA (Richmond)
HALL cleaned, televised and sliplined 1800′ of existing 72″ PCCP sanitary sewer with 66″ ID Flush Wall HOBAS Fiberglass Pipe, then grouted the annular space with lightweight grout, and set two new manholes, and televised the completed installation. Flow was running continuosly and at a very high velocity, but no bypassing was required, as is typical for this preferred method of large diameter sewer rehabilitation.
PROJECT: WESTVACO SLIPLINE
Location: Charleston, SC
- Sliplined 1,100 LF of 48″ steel process sewer with 40″and 42″ HOBAS pipe.
- Project included bypassing of 25 MGD of high temperature effluent.
- Rehabbed eight manholes with an epoxy liner.
- Built 3 new flume structures for measuring flows.
PROJECT: LYNCHBURG, VA AIRPORT SLIPLINE
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Relined a failing 66″ CMP under the runway of the Lynchburg, VA Regional Airport with 814 LF of 54″ HOBAS pipe and 228 LF of Cured in Place Liner through a section that was too deformed to use slip lining. Grouted the annular space with a custom designed lightweight grout to prevent pipe flotation.
PROJECT: CONCORD REGIONAL AIRPORT SLIPLINE
Location: Concord, NC
- Relined 220′ of deteriorating 72″ RCP under the Concord, NC Airport runway with Contech UltraFlo 64″ OD Aluminized Corrugated Pipe
- Grouted annular space with in house designed grout
- Project completed 20% ahead of schedule
PROJECT: US INSTITUTE OF PEACE SLIPLINE
Location: Washington, DC
- Sliplined 360′ of 100 year old 78″ Brick Sewer with 71.5″ OD HOBAS Pipe
- Existing sewer was 40′ Deep
- Project highlighted in Construction and Trenchless Technology magazines